Valuation information main content
Research, archive and genealogical services
Our public office team provides inspection facilities for members of the public to view all current and archive rating records and maps. Our archives contain the original books and surveys carried out in the 1840s, books and maps of Griffith's Valuations in the 1850s, and documentation showing the subsequent revisions up to the current position. The public office team also provides the following certificates and services:
- Current certificates of rateable valuation
- Historical certificates of rateable valuation
- Certified copies of valuation maps
- Provisional valuation certificates
- Inspection of archival material
- Inspection of the results of the revision and appeal process
The following details are held in relation to each property:
- Occupier Name
- Description of Property
- Acreage of Holding
- Rateable value and Reference to it's position on a Valuation
The archive is unique in that it can relate
people to a particular property. In addition, the property location
is outlined on a valuation map. The Valuation maps are also archived
so it may be possible to locate the exact position of a house
or property of a particular family back to C.1850. Please see
details of fees payable for Genealogical Research.
What information do I need to trace a particular property?
|In rural areas you will need, at a minimum, the name of the County, the name
of the Townland and the name of the person or family. In a City or Town, the
street name is also required.
contact us if you have any enquiries relating to Genealogy
this Griffith Maps Button to view samples of map
Public Office and Archives
If you wish to call in to our office to research, there is no need to make an appointment, we are open to the public from 9.15am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday and we are open through lunch.
- General enquiries 01-8171035 / 1112 / 1127
- Certificates 01-8171112 / 1127 / 6464 / 1035
- Maps 01-8171106
- Research Services 01-8171149 / 1035
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org