What we do:
The Valuation Office is the State property valuation agency. Our core business is the valuation of commercial and industrial property for commercial rates purposes. In conducting our business, we interact regularly with a wide range of customers including ratepayers and other members of the public, Local Authorities, professional agents acting on behalf of ratepayers or other clients, genealogical researchers and genealogical agents, and staff of other Government Departments and Offices.
This Customer Charter sets out the standards that you, as a customer, can expect from the Valuation Office.
Our Contact Details:
If you contact us by telephone, we will:
- answer your call promptly, and give our name when we answer your call
- be courteous and helpful in dealing with your enquiry
- ensure that your call is dealt with by someone who can address your query. If we cannot provide an immediate answer we will take the details of your enquiry and call you back within 2 working days.
|We will be available ordinarily to answer your calls between 9.15am and 5.30pm, Monday to Thursday and from 9.15 am to 5.15pm on Friday, excluding public holidays.|
If you e-mail or write to us, we will:
- respond within 10 working days to routine requests for information
- send an interim reply within 5 working days on issues requiring detailed consideration. In our reply we will explain the reason for the delay, tell you who is dealing with the matter, and if possible say when a definitive response should be available
If you call to our office:
- we will arrange for someone to see you promptly
- we will respect your privacy
- if we cannot deal with your query immediately, we will contact you within 2 working days.
|Our public office is open from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.|
We will endeavour to maintain clean, comfortable and accessible facilities in our public office. However, if you have particular accessibility requirements, please contact our Disability Access Officer, Mrs Celia Madsen, Telephone: 01-8171024, email:email@example.com in advance of your visit.
If we need to inspect your property during a valuation:
- we will endeavour to contact you prior to carrying out an inspection
- prior to conducting the inspection, our officer will show you identification and provide you with contact details
- our officer will provide you with an information leaflet, which will contain details of the valuation process, and of your rights under the relevant legislation.
Confidentiality of information::
Information you provide to us during the course of our valuation work will be disclosed to third parties only with your express consent, or otherwise in accordance with our statutory mandate and our legal obligations.
Communicating with Customers:
We are committed to reviewing and improving our services on an ongoing basis and will consult with our customers, from time to time, by way of customer surveys and invite your comments on our services through our website. We will use this feedback to improve our services to meet customer needs on an ongoing basis.
We will also liaise with customers and stakeholders through participation at relevant seminars and through briefing sessions on key developments of interest to individual customers and customer representative organisations.
If you are dissatisfied with our service:
Valuation Office staff are committed to delivering a high quality service. However, if you are dissatisfied in relation to how we have provided any of our services, please bring it to the attention of the staff member concerned, in the first instance.
We are committed to:
- resolving issues, where possible, at the first point of contact
- dealing with issues in a courteous, expeditious and efficient manner
- addressing any incorrect or inappropriate action on our part, as soon as possible.
If you are not satisfied with the manner in which your concern has been addressed, you may refer the matter to our Complaints Officer (details below) who will aim to provide a response within 10 working days.
If we need to investigate the matter further, you will be informed of the reason for any delay and advised of a date by which you can expect your complaint to be dealt with.
Ms. Anne Durkin,
Help Us to Help You:
We have invested significantly in developing modern information systems to enhance the delivery of our services and will continue to do so. We would urge you to use our online services available through www.valoff.ie , where possible, and we are committed to extending these on an ongoing basis.